 Off-Topic / Fun / 319
Re: 6 months!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:16:42 GMT

go to http://www.naiam.com
it IS a CD-MP3 player ... plays CD-R's and CD-RW's with MP3s in the
root directory.

The only drawback is that it's SRP is 299.95 USD

Also, if you go to http://www.mp3.com they have a hardware section that
will list different options available.  They also have HD versions being
developed
and with the Seagate 3.4G HD for only 129. nowadays, that might be even
cheaper solution with more songs ....

-Lee.

Matthew Miller wrote:

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
I wonder how hard it would be to create an mp3-CD player?  Put
together a CD-ROM drive, DOS-on-a-chip, a DSP, and some custom
playback software.  Burn CD's with 10-15 CDs-worth of music on each.
That would be great for traveling. :)

You've seen the Diamond Rio?  http://www.diamondmm.com/rio/

It's not a CD player, but rather has 32MB of flash. Not nearly as much as a
CD of course, but still.