 Off-Topic / Fun / 1814
Re: Rollercoasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 02:21:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Well, one day, riding the beast, coming into the spiral, I had my hands
outstretched, and WHAP! I clipped my middle finger on the edge of the
shed! My hand was buzzing and vibrating something fierce, it was a
pretty shocking thing. (1) When I came off the ride, my friend and I
were talking about it and everyone around me said, "are you going to
sue??"

My automatic response was "Of course not! It says right on the sign not
to do what I did. I did it so I have to suffer." That shocked everyone
else around me, of course. But I could hardly sue and be true to my
ideals of taking responsibility for one's own actions, now could I?
(some lawyershark gave me his business card and encouraged me to
reconsider... ha!)

So ever since then, I don't hold my hands out QUITE as far. I love the
Beast because it bit me. No other coaster has ever done that. Guess I'm
a nutcase about coasters but I like woodies better than steelies
precisely BECAUSE you can get hurt... there's nothing holding the train
on the track except gravity and the skill of the engineer that designed
it. None of these sissy bottom wheels for me.

Then you definitely need to get to NYC and ride the Cyclone.  On the first
turn, I swear you can see the inside wheels of the first car coming off the
track.  Because it is a true twister and runs within its own very tight
framework, you have a constant fear of decapitation.  Holding your hands up
pretty much guarantees damage.  My nephew broke two fingers (he was 20 at the
time).

If you're interested, read my review:
http://www.rollercoaster.com/census/astroland.html