 Off-Topic / Fun / 1822
Re: Rollercoasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Steve Campbell writes:
Ed Jones type-ed:

Any other rollercoaster enthusuiasts out there?

YeeeeeeeHAAAA!
Hi, I'm Steve and I am a coaster.

"Hi Steve"

I live about 15 minutes from Busch Gardens-Williamsburg, but have yet to
ride Apollo's Chariot.  I've got a season's pass so it's only a matter
of time...  I have ridden AlpenGiest and, while it is a good inverted
steel ride it has almost no negative G.  Even the first hill turns
before it dives, which makes even the drop positive.  Eh.

Is AlpenGeist the hanging steel coaster?  I went to BG a couple years ago, but
I can't remember what the name of that coaster is.  I hope to go later this
year when my sister comes to visit.

My favorite?  I agree with the National Amusement Park Historical
Association (NAPHA)'s ranking (that I saw in the 3-hour "Thrills,
Chills, and Spills" Discovery channel marathon on Sunday night) the
Thunderbolt in Kennywood - Pittsburgh, PA.  While there I also rode the
Steel Phantom and, while exciting, it was also a neck-snapper.  Not my
favorite kind of ride.  I stay away fro the Big Bad Wolf (BG-W) for the
same reason.  Headache every time... BG-W also removed the Draken Fire
when they put in the Apollo's Chariot.  From what I heard they got too
many complaints from riders...

They removed Draken Fire!?!?!?  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
I loved that one!  :(

Hands up!  WOOHOOOOO

SteveC
Perilous Pirate Page
http://www.erols.com/litehous/index.html

I usually go to King's Dominion in Virginia.  Once, a couple years ago, I got
there just as the park opened.  There were *very* few people there, and I got
to ride the Avalanche 7 times in a Row!  Woo-hoo!
I love just about all the coasters there, although I haven't been there in a
couple years, so I haven't tried the newer ones.

I used to go to Wild World(1), but it wasn't as good as King's Dominion.

Jeff

1 - Never went to it after it changed its name to Adventure World, and don't
think I'll go to its current incarnation (Six Flags) anytime soon.