 Off-Topic / Fun / 1839
Re: Dark Rides (was Re: Rollercoasters)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:51:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Space Mountain, arguably, is almost a Dark Ride because of the
planetarium aspect, as well as things such as the spacemen on the lift
hill, the "launch control" commentary, the spacewarp tunnel coming out
of the load, and the conveyor belt scenes on the exit.

Actually, in my original post (which was longer) there was a mention of both
the lift hill scenes and the conveyor belt exit.  But I decided they watered
down my point, so I removed them.  :D

And Haunted Mansion is one of my all time favorite non coaster rides.

I don't know the California one really well, but I rode the Orlando one many,
many times (I lived there for three years- Orlando, not the Mansion).

Did you know that in one, the "stretching room" at the beginning has a raising
ceiling, but in the other, the floor goes down?  It's true.

eric