 Off-Topic / Fun / 1850
Re: Rollercoasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 23:29:48 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
   I went to Alton Towers in '97, which was absolutely surreal.  Now, I
can't remember Disney World, but it seems that the funky happy music wasn't
*nearly* as obnoxiously omnipresent there as it was in the opening area of
Alton Towers.  I wasn't particularly impressed with the rides themselves
(Black Hole was OK, but not stunning), but the grounds were absolutely
stunning.  And, as seemingly with all of England, it predictably rained
between 2 and 3 pm, sunlight the rest of the day.

Yep, it always rains.  The Black Hole is good because it's pitch black,
The Beast is the same coaster without the cover - that's poo.  The
experience of the Nemesis is good waiting in the queue with the music
and scenery - the whole ride looks like a creature.

   I've never been to Blackpool, though.  I'd be wary of going swimming at
a place named "Blackpool Pleasure Beach."  It just sounds unnerving and
peat-boggy.

Well they don't call it Blackpool for nothing - their beaches were quite
dirty but they have been cleaned up a bit now.  Many ancient coasters
there.

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170