 Off-Topic / Fun / 1811
Re: Rollercoasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 22:49:59 GMT

For info on the poll, go here.

http://www.hitchhikers.net/wcoaster

Yes, I know the Beast is not liked generally. But my reason for liking
it is personal and special to me.

You know those signs that say, "keep your hands and feet inside the
car"? Well, I tend to ignore those and keep my hands out as far as I can
stretch them, for the thrill of it. I always figured that the designers
tended to make the clearances pretty generous and I will be "safe".
Usually true.

Well, one day, riding the beast, coming into the spiral, I had my hands
outstretched, and WHAP! I clipped my middle finger on the edge of the
shed! My hand was buzzing and vibrating something fierce, it was a
pretty shocking thing. (1) When I came off the ride, my friend and I
were talking about it and everyone around me said, "are you going to
sue??"

My automatic response was "Of course not! It says right on the sign not
to do what I did. I did it so I have to suffer." That shocked everyone
else around me, of course. But I could hardly sue and be true to my
ideals of taking responsibility for one's own actions, now could I?
(some lawyershark gave me his business card and encouraged me to
reconsider... ha!)

So ever since then, I don't hold my hands out QUITE as far. I love the
Beast because it bit me. No other coaster has ever done that. Guess I'm
a nutcase about coasters but I like woodies better than steelies
precisely BECAUSE you can get hurt... there's nothing holding the train
on the track except gravity and the skill of the engineer that designed
it. None of these sissy bottom wheels for me.

PS, Magnum 2000 rocks, it's about my 3rd favorite steelie. The
corrugated tunnel/hills are cool. I also like the unconventional
coasters, like Raptor (inverted suspended free-seat)

1 - I almost lost the nail but it grew back and you can't tell now.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.