 Off-Topic / Fun / 1806
Re: Rollercoasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 23:52:18 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:

Any other rollercoaster enthusuiasts out there?

Yes. I assume you participate in the annual ranking/poll?? I stopped
reading rec.roller.coaster due to time constraints rather than lack of
interest. Are you in ACE?

I've never ridden the cyclone, unf.

My favorite woody has to be Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk,
followed closely by (and i know this is an unpopular choice, a lot of
people hate it) The Beast at Kings Island N of Cincinnati.

My favorite steelie has to be Desperado at Primadonna resort, State Line
CA. 200 vertical, 80 MPH. Kicks butt. Manhattan express in Las Vegas is
also fun because of the theming. And one has to acknowledge Kumba at
Busch Gardens as nice.

I'm also partial to dark rides such as Space Mountain (ridden both the
FL and CA ones) and Outer Limits (at KI) which is cool because it uses a
linear magnetic accelerator instead of a lift hill. Coasters on piers
are also fun for me (Sea Serpent, and Great White, both in Wildwood NJ
are faves for me)

My favorite personal memory of a coaster, though, would have to be
riding the Wildcat at Lake Compounce CT. (1992??) Seems that park had an
unbroken string of operating seasons, fell on hard times, and the
townspeople got together, volunteered, and got the park open over labor
day weekend just to keep the string going one more year. Wildcat is a
nice woody, nothing special, but the emotions of it were special.

I TRY to have a season pass to some park somewhere if it makes business
sense to do so (that I will be on a project near it all summer). This
year was going to be Valley Fair in MN but I am not going to be on that
project much longer.
FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.