 Off-Topic / Fun / 1833
Re: Rollercoasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 19:56:37 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:
Any other rollercoaster enthusuiasts out there?

I am, I had to be forced to go on my first rollercoaster by peer
pressure - cheers lads!   From then on I've had to go on every one I
could - I still get scared but I know I#ll enjoy it so I override my
emotions, this is what we have in the UK:

Oblivion:  World's first vertical drop rollercoaster - you go up a hill
round a corner then straight down into a black hole in the ground -
STRAIGHT DOWN!! :-)
Shockwave:  World's first standing up rollercoaster - it's not that good
but the standing up thing is weird going through loops and twists.
The Big One:  World's tallest wooden rollercoaster - haven't tried it
yet but it's BIG.

If you ever do a UK Trip I recommend 2 places to visit for highest
coaster concentration:  Alton Towers:  Oblivion, Nemesis (Hang-down one
- track above you), Black hole (The whole ride is pitch black - you
don't know where you are going), and many others.
Blackpool Pleasure Beach:  The Big One and the biggest selection of
wooden rollercoasters anywhere - the have 11 IIRC.

What's the highest concentration of quality rollercoasters in the US?

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170