 Off-Topic / Fun / 1818
Re: Rollercoasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:14:06 GMT

Ed Jones type-ed:

Any other rollercoaster enthusuiasts out there?

YeeeeeeeHAAAA!
Hi, I'm Steve and I am a coaster.

"Hi Steve"

I live about 15 minutes from Busch Gardens-Williamsburg, but have yet to
ride Apollo's Chariot.  I've got a season's pass so it's only a matter
of time...  I have ridden AlpenGiest and, while it is a good inverted
steel ride it has almost no negative G.  Even the first hill turns
before it dives, which makes even the drop positive.  Eh.

My favorite?  I agree with the National Amusement Park Historical
Association (NAPHA)'s ranking (that I saw in the 3-hour "Thrills,
Chills, and Spills" Discovery channel marathon on Sunday night) the
Thunderbolt in Kennywood - Pittsburgh, PA.  While there I also rode the
Steel Phantom and, while exciting, it was also a neck-snapper.  Not my
favorite kind of ride.  I stay away fro the Big Bad Wolf (BG-W) for the
same reason.  Headache every time... BG-W also removed the Draken Fire
when they put in the Apollo's Chariot.  From what I heard they got too
many complaints from riders...

Hands up!  WOOHOOOOO

SteveC
Perilous Pirate Page