 Off-Topic / Fun / 1840
Re: Dark Rides (was Re: Rollercoasters)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:41:34 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

Did you know that in one, the "stretching room" at the beginning has a raising
ceiling, but in the other, the floor goes down?  It's true.

Yes. Both are cool effects and at first you have trouble distinguishing
that it's a little "off", since the pictures and trim are exactly the
same, IIRC.

I think my favorite meta-part of Disneyland is the differences. It's
enough like Magic Kingdom (1) that you can get quite confused by the
differences. We went there two days in a row post LegoLand in March, it
was my first time. At least a dozen times I got hopelessly disoriented.
Good clean fun. Especially disorienting were the things that were in
Epcot or MGM (such as Star Tours) in WDW.

1 - We've been to WDW about 10 times, mostly while we lived in South
Florida. Not as much as you, but enough to get to know MK quite well.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.