 Off-Topic / Fun / 1826
Re: Rollercoasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 05:01:14 GMT

Larry Pieniazek (lar@voyager.net) wrote:
: Ed Jones wrote:

: > Any other rollercoaster enthusuiasts out there?

I like roller coasters, follow r.r.c. a little, and am waiting for my
children to be tall enough to have an excuse to go to parks.  I know
one can go just for hte rides, but it's not politically correct with the
rest of hte family.

I've only ridden the cyclone once, and it is my favorite woody.  The
sheer jaw dropping acceleration can't be beat.  The Giant Dipper
in Santa Cruz is also way up there, I still fondly remember my first
time thourgh the tunnel when I didn't expect it.  I also fondly remember
riding the one up in Vancouver when I was up at the expo in 86.

I haven't ridden any of the modern steel monsters, in fact I've never been
on a B&M.  I'm hoping to rectify that in the next couple of summers.
ANd I may get to Marine WOrld in the next couple weeks to check out
the new Roar.

I actually made it to Brooklyn last summer, but couldn't convice the
family it was sorth a subway ride out to COney Island.  Oh well.

-Bill