 Off-Topic / Fun / 1851
1850  |  1852
Subject:
My first LEGO dream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:42:42 GMT

Bizarro.

I'm in Bloomingdales (which is an absolute impossibility - I won't go near the
place and they don't sell toys) and find a bunch of old sets, including Castle
LEGO sets that never existed. One was a hidden outpost built with burps in the
back.  The front was camoflauged by those green tree limb pieces.  It had about
20 minifigs (chainmail and knights).  When I asked about more minifigs, the
salesperson walked me over to an art print drawer cabinet.  It was full of
minifig packages.  They also had a bunch of incredibly high priced
exclusive/historic minifigs - like the maiden from Guarded Inn for $225.00.
Also found a bunch of window accessories boxes - they had about 200 windows in
them for $7.00.

Lastly, and this is the most bizarre, they had 2 storage case sets (545 6
compart cases using baseplates as lids).  The cases were red with RED
baseplates as lids.  Red baseplates - MARS anyone? They contained the usual
accessories except they also contained a bunch of castle minifigs.  They were
$17.00.  One had been opened and the pieces were loose.  I decided against
buying it.  I had second thoughts and went back to get it, but someone else had
it in their hands.

This is really strange.  I never remember dreams.

No, I was not drinking last evening, but I may take care of that tonight:')