 General / 4515
Re: My first LEGO dream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 10:38:14 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:

I'm in Bloomingdales (which is an absolute impossibility - I won't go near the
place and they don't sell toys) and find a bunch of old sets, including Castle

   Why won't you go near the place?  I've gotta ask--even I, poor starving student
type that I am, had to go in, if only to sully it with my unwashed presence!  :)

LEGO sets that never existed. One was a hidden outpost built with burps in the
back.  The front was camoflauged by those green tree limb pieces.  It had about
20 minifigs (chainmail and knights).  When I asked about more minifigs, the
salesperson walked me over to an art print drawer cabinet.  It was full of
minifig packages.  They also had a bunch of incredibly high priced
exclusive/historic minifigs - like the maiden from Guarded Inn for $225.00.
Also found a bunch of window accessories boxes - they had about 200 windows in
them for $7.00.

   My latest Lego dream was just a few months ago.  I was in Circus World--remember
them?--and found Blacktron I sets that never existed, including a very nice ship
that I've been trying to build ever since (and in fact, I can see it--even draw
it--now).   However, it wasn't nearly as interactively detailed as what you
described there--it was pretty much just me walking around, getting sets, checking
them out, dreaming of ways (dreaming in a dream--is that possible?) to use my
extant pieces to augment what was in the box.  I definitely didn't get any price
data!  I think this is a "Left Brain Dream Alert" for Ed.

This is really strange.  I never remember dreams.

   I've never remembered any that vividly.  I've never remembered purchase
decisions, numbers, or any of that stuff.  Maybe this is a suppressed childhood
trauma ("I didn't have enough Castle when I was younger")?

No, I was not drinking last evening, but I may take care of that tonight:')

   I certainly hope the dreaming didn't goad you into the drinking!  Although I can
definitely sympathize--I was pretty darn disappointed when I got up.  Thank
goodness for a handy sketch pad!

   LFB.

   (ObGeekAccusation:  I mentioned my dream to a friend, who immediately asked me
why I couldn't just have dreams about cheerleaders and whipped cream like "normal"
guys...sigh.)