 Off-Topic / Fun / 1815
1814  |  1816
Subject:
News From the Front: NLSO provides/is FOTW?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:54:45 GMT

   Hey, all--

   Well, I'll put this in OT.F since it's such an odd bird, but I just
got a little cache of late-1970s sets from my "new" significant other
(which is a long story in itself).  She's an NLSO, yet didn't freak at
my attachment to ABS--but it appears she's also providing me with the
tools to further delinquency.  I'll provide set numbers later, but these
have weathered incredibly well--all of my mid-70s ABS is slightly
discolored, and this is pristine.  In all, I've got to say that dating
has been good for my collection over the years, but it hasn't exactly
been conducive to settling down, since they've all been NLSOs and
there's always the temptation to move on and find someone new, with old
sets of her own to give as offerings...wow, that's not only crass, it's
really sad!  :)  In actuality, I'm going to try and keep this one, if
she'll have my goofy self.

   So for those who are married or just "seeing" an NLSO, I'd like to
see some of the revelatory stories--you know, the first time this
individual realized that your most valuable possession was, in fact, a
half ton or more of ABS.  I haven't had anyone overtly freak out yet,
but there's always that chance...!  Secret Fear:  Being lumped in with
the "Beanie Baby" people by onlookers.  It's happened.  Ugh.

   OK, that's all, talk amongst yourselves.

   LFB.

-----

   Lindsay Frederick Braun (Mr)
   Department of History