 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1681 – 1700 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000

(...) Except possibly for reasons of copyright infringement...? (But TLC has never really had a problem with that yet as far as we know...only trademark and trade dress infringement.) (...) Waitasecond, waitasecond! This isn't and never was about (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.668)

  Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?

Okay, I see that my intent was not clearly stated. I will give it another attempt. I was trying to present the idea that for those who disagree with Lego's comments about what is okay with them regards posting of retailer information, just because (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.664)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

(...) In your original statement, you said "hose" when I assume you meant "house". I was just making fun (sorry for being off-topic...) (...) To a pure Libertarian, laws telling you that your store must serve anyone regardless of race (ect), are an (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.664)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Yes. The Declaration of Independence is very much not the Constitution. In fact, interesting to consider that this language, so obvious in the declaration, is so conspicuously not in the constitution. (...) Yes. Foundationalism is nice, when (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.663)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

(...) Well, I don't think it would be any easier to hose 1000 loose balls than 1000 boxed ones, but it would certainly do less damage to the product, however, the hose really should be aimed at the teenage jerks who play ball in the toy store (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.663)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) What it means is that whatever is primary in our lives is our god. For some people it is money, or power, property, sex, popularity, image, relationships, ........., even LEGO. It could be a combination of any of these things or a different (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.663)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) I'm not running for office. <crowd sounds of huge sigh of relief> Not the same standards of behaviour. However, I can honestly say that I never swiped anything. And as for drugs, which you didn't ask, I freely admit that I've used them. The (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.663)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) We've been around this particular mulberry bush before and I continue to hold with the stance that "good" and "morals" can be objective, correct ones are based on life affirmation. Further, I hold that I can very well label a particular (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.663)

  Re: Libertarian stuff

(...) Two things. First off, how did the tax break get there in the first place? Second, the tax break just makes it cheaper to contribute to an approved charity, it doesn't improve the actual bottom line. (...) To be honest, I have yet to see any (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.663)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) From a rights basis (the utilitarian basis is clear) does it follow that the inventor has the right to prevent other people from coming up with the exact same idea on their own? (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.663)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) See, where Libertopia differs from other -topias is fundamental. First, we are not claiming that it's perfect. Instead, we claim there IS no perfection in society. There always will be situations where things turn out unfairly (is a freak (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.663)

  Re: Civil Liberty Resources

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <386EEC00.A6E836A1@v...er.net>... (...) Good read. The only quibble I would have is the statement: "Marriages have traditionally been sanctioned in formal style by organized religion, and there is no significant (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.663)

  Religious freedom in Libertopia (Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Wasn't intended that way. I think your conventional rightist bias may be coloring your read. Reminder, I was speaking hypothetically. I'd never advocate shutting down a religion because some members of it misused it to effect tyranny. That (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.662)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) No, in other words, you're not moving this discussion forward because you're not doing what you committed to do, accept my premise and try to refute this particular point using it. We have a fundamental disagreement about rights. I happen to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.662)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Susan has that answer. (...) On a kibbutz, everything is community property, you personally own nothing. On a Moshav, you cooperate to produce a product/products, and the profit is divided to do with what you will. -John (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.662)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) They don't get incented. (...) Noone. Except possibly, oh, I don't know, how about those people who could actually benefit from the invention? You know, just like roads should be financed by the users. And please don't come shouting about how (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.662)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) I'm not saying anything about justifying anything. "Ends justify the means" implies some sort of need for justificiation, and as I said, I'm assuming neither a totally evil government nor totally evil capitalists. (...) Not true. They may not (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.662)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) Yes, we saw this in the 19th century coal-mine towns a lot. Isn't it more in corporations' interest to teach people that they have no rights, that they should submit to the will of The Company? (...) People may be inherently good, but there's (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.662)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Your point being? (...) You get your R&D costs covered before you start inventing, or you don't. Simple. (...) They come from each individual mind. Any system where people can _independently_ think of the same things, and only one of them to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.662)

  Re: Trying to understand

(...) As a non-smoker, I agree. Yet if a private property owner wants to have only smokers in his establishment, that should be up to him. (...) I think it was from the FDA, not an individual. I hear these things on the radio news while I'm driving (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 1.661)

More:  Next Page >>