 Off-Topic / Debate / 3282
Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:47:31 GMT

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 04:36:48 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

OK, what's your proposal, then? If they're not property, what are they?
and how do the people that come up with them get incented? I ain't gonna

They don't get incented.
invent stuff for you for free, you know... and neither is anyone else.
Those 20,000 failed light bulbs cost money. Who pays for that?

Noone.

Except possibly, oh, I don't know, how about those people who could
actually benefit from the invention? You know, just like roads should
be financed by the users.

And please don't come shouting about how impractical it is -- I agree.

You said the patent system was flawed. I agree. What's your proposal?

Really, Jasper, you don't seem to be able to put together any arguments
on a property rights basis.

I really don't see how you can claim to be arguing from fundamental
rights, and then argue that "this is a right because it's an
incentive. So there.".

Jasper