 Off-Topic / Debate / 3255
Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 04:36:48 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

I don't see how you can support ideas as property at all.

OK, what's your proposal, then? If they're not property, what are they?
and how do the people that come up with them get incented? I ain't gonna
invent stuff for you for free, you know... and neither is anyone else.
Those 20,000 failed light bulbs cost money. Who pays for that?

You said the patent system was flawed. I agree. What's your proposal?

Really, Jasper, you don't seem to be able to put together any arguments
on a property rights basis.