 Off-Topic / Debate / 3291
Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:15:14 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 04:34:07 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Jasper, you need to reject this notion that the state somehow is able to
engineer anything successfully, and therefore has a claim on the
property of the citizens for nebulous "good things". As long as you
cling to it, we're going to trip over it over and over. Try to refute me
on my own terms, like you said you would, or just give it up, hmm?

In other words, "neener neener, I can't hear you?"

No, in other words, you're not moving this discussion forward because
you're not doing what you committed to do, accept my premise and try to
refute this particular point using it.

We have a fundamental disagreement about rights. I happen to be right
and you happen to be wrong. At least that's my view and I feel I've
amply demonstrated it in past threads. Rehashing it is not going to go
anywhere useful. I thought you already agreed you'd try to do some
rights based analysis to see where it gets you.

You seem to have gone back on that. That's fine but rehashing old ground
is tiresome for me.

Whatever.

Whatever indeed. Move the discussion forward or give up.