 Off-Topic / Debate / 9419
Re: Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:38:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> • writes:
Thank you, Rose, for taking the time to dig up the links to all of these
posts... it was very thoughtful to put them in one place for folks to
look at.

I'll second that.

(Responding to my own post.)  YIKES -- it just occurred to me that what I
wrote above might be mistaken as a condemnation of what Rose did.  On the
contrary, I actually meant it as a _complement_ to Rose.  I thanked Rose
this morning via private email for taking the time to dig up all that old
<snip>

I'm confused here, I sincerely meant my lead as a thank you to Rose, and I
took your "I'll second that" as just that, an agreement and your own thanks
as well. What am I missing here? Why would you think anyone would mistake
what you said as anything else?

There are too many wheels within wheels here, I'm starting to think.
Subtlety is not one of my strong suits. Can someone explain?

++Lar

Lar,

That may be because you have the ability to come off as sarcastic even when you
might be sincere. Todd first took it as sincerity then after re-reading he took
it as sarcasm. Perhaps your diction was a little too vague, even I had seen the
two possibilities when reading your thank you to Rose. Not that you have ever
used sarcasm before...

Jude

FUT o-t.debate (cause I don't feel this thread is about .admin anymore)