 Administrative / General / 8951
Re: IOLTC the final word!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 21:19:46 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:
Auction flogging is frowned upon.  I can only imagine that sale flogging is
frowned upon as well.

You are correct sir, you can only imagine it, you can't cite

Well it is frowned upon, but not in an official manner...

Yes, Larry, I am aware that it walked the line and by the letter of the TOS it
was a perfectly legal post.

I am also aware that its main intent was to bring up your sets-for-sale and
raise awareness of them.  In other words, a sale flog.

At any rate, as I said, there will not be a protracted debate about this from
me.  At this point, I think my complaint and the reason behind it are clear.
I'm done.

This is just another example of why the TOS needs to either change to
specifically address for sale posts in non-market groups, or that
official words from Todd need to be made to the effect that while it is
preferrable to keep the market traffic to the appropriate groups, they
are not strictly forbidden.

I for one am getting tired of folks appointing themselves "guardian of
the rules" and then not even citing folks for violations of rules that
are even rules.

I think Todd is intending on changing the rules to discourage for sale
postings in non-market groups, but they haven't been formalized yet (and
I've been calling for some time for them to be formalized).

Just my two bullets...

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com