 Administrative / General / 8950
8949  |  8951
Subject:
Flogs, flogging, floggers, brags, bragging, braggers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 21:02:35 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:
This post was on topic, it answered a direct question. Hope that helps.

In a way, yes, your post answered a question.

In a much larger way, it was a flog for your models for sale.  And you know
it.

No, and no.

++Lar, are you saying that you disagree that your post was a flog?  It sure
read like a flog to me, and only after you called it a brag was I able to
see more insight into its purpose and agree that it's more a brag than a
flog.  But it's also a flog, IMHO.

It was a brag. Steve asked who had done killer models and I answered.

There's definitely something to be said for someone who can comfortably
admit that he was bragging.

Therefore, IMHO, violates the spirit of the TOS.

No again.

That's a matter of opinion, I think.  Now, the tone and the underlying
message of your post probably annoyed the living snot out of dozens of
people, but it didn't technically break the TOS as far as I can tell.  Did
it break the spirit of the TOS?  That's hard to say, but that's not really
relevant anyway unless you're showing a pattern of trying to walk the line
just for the sake of walking the line.  You've shown a history of trying to
walk the line for the sake of flogging and bragging, but not for the sake of
walking the line per se.  (Hmm, I wonder which is more destructive to the
community?  Certainly neither is positive.)

Auction flogging is frowned upon.  I can only imagine that sale flogging
is frowned upon as well.

You are correct sir, you can only imagine it, you can't cite

I would cite this:

   http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2907

but that's more of a polite request than a mandate.

There's always someone in the crowd who pushes the limits because they can.

--Todd