 Administrative / General / 8954
Re: IOLTC the final word!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 01:08:17 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> writes:
[...]
I think Todd is intending on changing the rules to discourage for sale
postings in non-market groups, but they haven't been formalized yet (and
I've been calling for some time for them to be formalized).

Yup, and I've been promising an update for a long time.  Darn everything is
a moving target.  I don't want to discourage local flogs in .loc groups, but
definitely in just about everywhere else.  There's a post I've been working
on which has some tough questions about the .market area.  If I can
straighten up the confusion there, the TOS will get a lot simpler.

Hmm, thoughts on how to make a simple statement which has the necessary
effect...

One thought would be to disallow market posts in the "theme" groups.
That would leave some holes in other groups, but most of those other
groups wouldn't attract a for sale post. It would totally leave alone
the loc and org groups.

A first step might actually be to take a look at all the market related
topics, and decide where it is appropriate to post each one.

Just my two bullets...

LOL!  Love it!!!

Glad at least one person caught the reference and liked it... I'm
sometimes unsure if humor is offensive, but I do believe that humor is a
good way to relieve any kind of stress, including stress about horrible
things. I have to say that the best funerals I've attended have all had
some element which got everyone bursting out in laughter.

Frank