 Off-Topic / Debate / 5986
Re: Star Wars on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:29:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Toki Barron writes:

Dave, have you been to a National Record Mart since you've been out here in
Pittsburgh?  CDs there typically cost $18, whereas at Best Buy they cost $13
for an identical CD.

  The only Best Buy I've checked is in the South Hills, though I've checked
another bunch of stores throughout town and the North Hills. Best Buy had the
best buys, but the selection wasn't as exhaustive as I'd've liked.  I was
grossly disappointed by Eides (sp?), which in addition to having among the
most unpleasant staff I've ever encountered, has a feeble selection of
anything but (apparently) Goth, and all of it at exorbitant prices, too.

(I believe Wal-Mart sells CDs as well, but won't carry CDs
with the "parental advisory" label...since most CDs I buy have this label I
never go there).

But you're missing out on the Backstreet Boys!

Anyhow, these prices are probably typical to any market.

  State College has a horde of stores selling brand new CD's for $11.98 and
older titles for considerably less.  On the whole, and at the risk of blasting
my current home, I'd have to that every music store in State College was
superior to any music store I've come across here, both in terms of price and
selection, as well as knowledgeable sales staff.

If you want to get CDs for a buck or two less than Best Buy, go to
www.buy.com.

  I've wound up doing that on a few occasions, but it doesn't satisfy my
consumer-driven need for instant gratification!

If it really were some far reaching conspiracy, no doubt the mob would be
involved

  I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to discuss that.

     Dave!