 Off-Topic / Debate / 5916
Re: Star Wars on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 15:26:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:

If you have a good VCR (a SuperVHS for example) they picture is the same, as
DVD must be forced to NTSC.

Not after ten watchings.  Even a nice gentle VCR running VHS will degrade the
tape perceptably after ten watchings.

Not if exposed to even slight magnetic fields over the long haul, like those
caused by the speakers in your home theater.

The DVDs do not degrade unless you physically gouge them up.  And even then,
with triple-redundant code, you have to really hammer them to get them to • fizz.
DVD rocks!

I mentioned that DVDs don't wear out before.  My statement was meant as
though, if both are brand new they will be the same.  It is true however that
only DVD retains that quality.

Oh and with netflicks, I can see lots of movies for almost nothing.

:-)

-Lord Insanity

Chris