 Off-Topic / Debate / 5937
Re: Star Wars on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 19:02:22 GMT

But that has nothing to do with CD sales. When's the last time you ordered
1000 copies of "Oops, I did it again"? (why anyone would want even one copy
is a question I have to ask my daugther, who does...)

Is it just me that finds it ironic that the "artist"'s initials in this case
are BS?

  What about Brian Setzer and the semi-inimitible Bon Scott?  8^)
  Besides which, I don't think the charming Ms. Spears is any less talented
than, say, Rick Astley or MC Hammer, both of whom were dubiously quite popular
in a glowing testimonial of form over substance...
  (Not that I disagree with you regarding the current BS's mysterious
popularity; I just recall raising a similar question about a number of other
alleged artists in the past, and she seems no worse than most of them!)

    Dave!