 Off-Topic / Debate / 5926
Re: Star Wars on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:13:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:

If anyone doesn't think the Lego Company could sell us peices at
$0.02 and still be making a huge profit they are delusional.

Sign me up as delusional, I guess.

Except under very tightly controlled and special conditions, an across the
board price of 2 cents is just not doable by TLC and if you think it is, I
posit that you just may not know everything there is to know about how complex
fulfillment is.

Can carefully controlled sales of pieces in large quantities achieve 2 cents a
piece? perhaps. That's what we're trying to find out.

But that has nothing to do with CD sales. When's the last time you ordered • 1000
copies of "Oops, I did it again"? (why anyone would want even one copy is a
question I have to ask my daugther, who does...)

Is it just me that finds it ironic that the "artist"'s initials in this case
are BS?

++Lar

Just you.  :-)

B ruce