 Off-Topic / Debate / 27347
Re: Bennett IS unworthy of being used as toilet paper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 20:56:19 GMT

   But I do know that it’s true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could -- if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down. That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down.

   So, for this, the headline reads, “Abort all black babies and cut crime, says Republican”. That is a complete distortion designed to smear and mislead. It’s simply outrageous, if not outright libel.

JOHN

Boiled down, Bennett did indeed say “Abort all black babies and cut crime.” You can slap qualifiers on it such as he said it might be morally reprehensible, but I think his very statement was pretty morally reprehensible regardless on a rather large number of levels.

-->Bruce<--