 Off-Topic / Debate / 27348
Re: Screw Abstinence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 21:56:06 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:
   I’m curious about how folks weigh in on this event.

   This article is not talking about the Left, it is talking about supporters of abortion throwing an event.

At the risk of splitting hairs, I have to take issue with your choice of words here. NARAL does not support abortion but instead supports the right of reproductive choice.

To say that NARAL supports abortion is like saying that the NRA supports the gunfire murder of schoolchildren.

Dave!

By supporting a system which allows for abortion I would argue that they are indeed supporting abortion. The whole pro-choice/pro-life facade is just emotional manipulation. One group believe that abortion is immoral, the other group believe that disallowing abortion is immoral. It’s merely two moral standpoints with clever marketing.

As for your analogy, if the NRA supported the right of murderous choices it would be valid but as it stands it is not.

That said I do support abortion and I believe that arms should be very strictly controlled. I also think that the people organising this event are hell bent on harming their own cause.

Tim