 Off-Topic / Debate / 27344
Re: Screw Abstinence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:54:17 GMT

   I’m curious about how folks weigh in on this event.

Not surprisingly, I find it beyond stupid, and the story even cites one person of the left as calling it “cringe-worthy”. Well, “good times” or “cringe-worthy”?

This is the Left that I fear and whom I consider the enemy in our country’s cultural civil war.

I have to admit I find it similar in nature to stating that aborting black babies would lower the crime rate. The message of the event would appear to be “don’t force abstinence on people”, but calling it “Screw Abstinence” gives it a slant that’s counterproductive. Just like Bennett saying that aborting black babies would lower crime-- it gives a slant that’s unnecessarily political suicide, despite how much it might be true or reflect your opinion. Credibility is far more valuable in politics than being accurate or intelligent. There’s a big difference between saying “Don’t tell me I shouldn’t have sex” and “Let’s all have wild sex”.

DaveE