 Off-Topic / Debate / 27331
Re: The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:31:05 GMT

   And the smear works like a charm. For instead of debating the sleezeball journalism practiced by the Guardian (which was the topic of my post), we are talking about Bennett, and whether he’s a racist, and when was the last time he beat his wife.

Brilliant.

JOHN

While I agree in principle with what you are saying I don’t actually see you debating the ‘smear’ in the article at all. You have repeatedly stated that it is a smear and you have provided a transcript and you have (debatebly incorrectly) brought up the “when was the last time he beat his wife” point, but you have yet to give a valid argument as to why that article is a smear.

The title is, as with newspaper titles everywhere, sensationalist but the article itself makes a fairly honest assesment of his position in my opinion. Would you care to elaborate on what part of it you see as ‘smear’?

Tim