 Off-Topic / Debate / 27365
Re: Bennett IS unworthy of being used as toilet paper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:10:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: s to say it.

They won’t say it because it is patently absurd, just as Bennett was arguing reductio ad absurdum.

I doubt it. He chose a racist example to make his point.

   Come on! You seriously can’t think that Bennett had any inkling that this action was anything but rhetorical fodder! Your biased against Bennett the person is clouding your judgment.

He didn’t he have an inkling? Okay, he is an idiot then. Racist, idiot: I don’t see why you would bother to defend either.

I’m biased against Bennett? That’s an amusing claim: I honestly don’t even know who the heck he is, or if he is a Republican or Democrat, or even if he is an American. You, on the other hand, seem to be biased in his favor and it is definitely clouding your judgment. Say what you want to about the Guardian, but defending Bennett to get at the Guardian seems pretty biased to me.

   3. You aren’t making a racially based insinuation that blacks are the source of crime.

But they are a source of crime! And disproportionately so. Not the source of crime, but Bennett doesn’t assert this anyway.

And whites are a source of crime, and they commit more crimes than blacks do in America, but is his example about aborting all white babies? If the guy wasn’t a racist (closet or otherwise) he would have made reference to economic background rather than race. He’d rather get in a little fear-mongering.

-->Bruce<--