 Off-Topic / Debate / 25047
Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:23:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Wayne Gramlich wrote:
Your statement is false.  In the United States, copyrights are a form of
intellectual property that can be bought and sold like any other
form of property.  In the United States, once the copyright has been
transferred, the original author has no rights to the work unless they
new owner grants them rights via a license.

A great example of this is the Beatles library, which Michael Jackson bought at
one point.

I believe he only bought the *publishing* rights, not the copyright. But that's
not really relevant to the Ldraw discussion, so I've Futted to debate.

ROSCO