Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:43:24 GMT

Orion Pobursky wrote:
Wayne Gramlich wrote:

Indeed, I'll go one step further, the CA is totally
unenforceable.

I am not quite sure that is true (although I can argue for
it in terms of Danish contract law).

Isn't getting the Author to agree to the change procedure
the same as them giving to consent to change?  In other
words, I give permission to change the license if the
follow conditions are met.  Is the fact that it's
conditional a problem?

It depends (the usual answer, when you start discussing
legal problems).  The problem I can see with the CA is
related to the way it gives LDraw.org a special status _and_
the way the parts authors are "forced" to accept the CA.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Girder bridge: