Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:00:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Wayne Gramlich wrote:
Your statement is false.  In the United States, copyrights are a form of
intellectual property that can be bought and sold like any other
form of property.  In the United States, once the copyright has been
transferred, the original author has no rights to the work unless they
new owner grants them rights via a license.

A great example of this is the Beatles library, which Michael Jackson bought at
one point.

In Europe, they have the concept of authorship rights that they believe the
author retains irrespective of who owns the copyright.

We have something along those lines in the US, but I think it's restricted
solely to the requirement that you give credit where it's due.  They don't have
any say in what's done with the copyrighted work, though.  Only the copyright
owners retain that right.