Re: Contributer Agreement Version 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:24:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Wayne Gramlich wrote:
... Since all of the parts are individually released under a creative
commons attribution license ...

They are?  The proposed CA doesn't say that, and that's not (necessarily) its
intent.

The CA is about the author granting LDraw.org a distribution license, along with
further protections.

Now, maybe that's what we *should* be talking about -- when an author
contributes work to LDraw.org, s/he must agree to license the work under the
CCAL.[1]

How useful is the CCA[L] to LDraw.org as a distribution agreement? In the
'lawyer readable' text, it differentiates "collective works" (which the
LDraw.org libary is) from "derivative works".

--
Steve
1) Why not the Share-Alike flavor?