 Off-Topic / Debate / 21800
Re: The War That Never Ends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:26:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:

US anti-war activists hit by secret airport ban

http://news.independent.co.uk/low_res/story.jsp?story=430073&host=3&dir=70

I wonder if John can understand that it doesn’t matter if it’s not he, or I, or even Lar that is being harassed in this manner -- this kind of treatment is unamerican in every way imaginable!!!

But not being an activist is still no guarantee. The Sacramento NBC affiliate did a story about two men -- one a school teacher, the other a truck driver-- who were detained at Sac International simply for having the same fairly common name as someone on the list. Lar would certainly be safe, and most likely Richard, but John? Even if they could only find a John *Neil* on the list, I bet they’d use it as an excuse for closer scrutiny.

Maggie C.