 Off-Topic / Debate / 21796
Re: The War That Never Ends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 07:32:23 GMT

Many thanks, Lar! That’s the stuff. And I used to read some of that mag online too...

Yeah, social engineering is a big gap in security -- and always will be, that’s why it almost always works.

My information belongs to me, and in the EU AND the People’s Republic of China I understand that they have legislated it precisely that way -- that someone must ask for the individual’s permission instead of just automatically gaining the kind of info that so many can readily access here in the states via TRW and the like. I don’t understand how people don’t get it -- people in red China are better protected of their privacy rights, at least in this regard, than you or I in the U.S. And FWIW, I part wih my SS# very reluctantly -- and I do really let people understand that requiring the number from me is a deal breaker for many things. I will just walk if too much fuss is made -- that is, I will walk and never return.

Don’t get me started on Jury Nullification. People have been incarcerated for informing other citizens of this fundamental right of the people and the final “check and balance” against the usurpation of political power from the people. Of course, since so few people understand it or even know of it to begin with, I guess you can see where we stand already. We are all of us like the guy in the toilet tank standing in a dinghy, and suddenly someone flushes the toilet...

And lastly, that bit about Stalins and Hitlers doesn’t wash with me either -- why do we even have to involve ourselves when it would be far easier to adopt an either laissez faire approach to foreign policy, or perhaps even a “friend to all, enemy of none” approach -- sort of like the Swiss! It could all be so easy if it was someone else playing cop...or perhaps even no one at all. Let each country deal with their own troubles. If the Iraqis wanted SH out so bad; well, they always had a bloody revolution as an option. That’s the same deal we all get in such a situation.

And John wants to find a solution to our foreign policy crisis -- how about just making no enemies? The U.S. out of everywhere...

-- Hop-Frog