 Off-Topic / Debate / 21771
Re: The War That Never Ends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:59:33 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
   The threat is still real because neither invading Afghanistan nor Iraq had much to do with Al-Qaeda, which is itself a supra-national entity largely financed from ***** ******.

I’m sorry, but that line had to be censored... the truth is inconvenient at this time.

:)

Here is one for the conspiracy theorists: what if we know full well that SA is behind al-Qaeda but attacking her is out of the question (seeing as how she is supposed to be our ally, but we attacked Iraq instead as a sort of veiled threat to them. That way we rid ourselves of the slimeball SH AND send a serious message to the Kingdom that says “we aren’t just whistling dixie here about going after world terrorism; clean up your act or you are next”

Why not just go after the Saudis *first*? And why not do it economically instead of via unwarranted war?

Arrange our affairs to break our dependence on foreign oil and voila.(1) (Oil is too valuable to burn in cars, it needs to be saved to make ABS from, after all!)

1 - non trivial problem left as an exercise for the reader