 Off-Topic / Debate / 21764
21763  |  21765
Subject:
The War That Never Ends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 01:13:57 GMT

No one is so foolish as to prefer war to peace, in which, instead of sons burying their fathers, fathers bury their sons. - Croesus, King of Lydia in Herodotus’ The Persian Wars

Al-Qaeda threat ‘still real’

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3110615.stm

The president also said the process of freedom which had now begun in Iraq would reduce the threat of future terrorist attacks around the world.

That would basically run counter to all available intelligence on the subject. Contrary to Shrub’s claim above, AQ is more radicalized now than ever before.

The threat is still real because neither invading Afghanistan nor Iraq had much to do with Al-Qaeda, which is itself a supra-national entity largely financed from Saudi Arabia. Admitting the threat remains is Shrub saying he missed the target because he wasn’t really aiming for it. The war against terrorism goes on and on...just as they wish it to. What better way to strip you of your rights and money while accomplishing nothing?

Look at that pinch-faced freak! Four more years of this and we shall all be either dead or so impoverished, physically and spiritually, that we shall wish for death. And if you don’t understand the “impoverished” reference, check out what this jerk is doing with the national debt (hint: it’s not exactly getting smaller).

All Hail the “Edumacation” President!

-- Hop-Frog