 Off-Topic / Debate / 1945
Re: How to decide what art is worth (was Re: Extropianism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 23:50:38 GMT

Christopher Weeks <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Your perogative, but it may or may not be the opinion of others. Or are
you arguing that the endings were lower quality because they had lower
production values? Nope...

They were lower quality because decent art shows a piece of the
creator's heart and when an artist changes that for mass appeal, it is
more sterile.  In the case of the two movies sited, I have no particular
knowledge to support or refute the claim that those were the original
endings, but I think I like them better too.

Here's the million dollar qustion: how can the general public be competent
enough to be an adequate judge of movie quality (or of political
decision-making) but not of whether or not there is a God?

Jesse