 Off-Topic / Debate / 1587
Re: naiveté (was: Re: Extropianism)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:29:46 GMT

You say this life is meaningless and that you need religion to give your
life meaning. You say that you don't know what's after this life. Fine.
You are welcome to your small view of this existance and your problems.

But I ain't buying what you're selling. Your view belittles this reality
and the many great and wonderful things  man has achieved. Your view
belittles what I personally have achieved and the meaning I have given
my life. I resent that and am offended at your judgmentalness. But as I
said above, I have no right not to be offended by the non rights
violating words or deeds of others.

You say that science can tell us nothing you need to know and there is
no wisdom without god. Fine. Huddle in the dark for all I care with your
caveman friends. Me, I'l be watching springer and glorying in the
technical genius of man that brings me visions from afar via thousands
of separate inventions, sipping a frosty bev and  reveling at the
wonders of science that can change the climate and temperature of
objects, and lounging on my naugahyde chair, made possible through the
wonders of technology, and then I'll surf the greatest
technical/scientific achievement yet, the internet.

As long as you keep your opium, er, religion, out of my life and out of
my government you're welcome to belittle yourself as much as you like.

But I ain't buying. I am happy without religion, see no need for it, and
will take my chances with the next life, if any. So buzz off. :-) I mean
that in a nice way of course.

lugnet.