 Off-Topic / Debate / 1749
Re: How to decide what art is worth (was Re: Extropianism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:33:15 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
Art that cannot find a buyer is valueless, **by definition**, because
the value of a thing is exactly what a willing buyer will give up to
possess it. If no one wants it, it has no value.

I apply the "in my living room" rule to art.  If I'd be proud to have
it displayed in my living room it's valuable art.  If not, it may
still be art, just not in my living room.

Lots of the junk you find on college campuses, in fact most of it,
falls into the "not in my living room" category.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/   (still in Beta)