 Off-Topic / Debate / 1757
Re: How to decide what art is worth (was Re: Extropianism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:28:46 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message

Sometimes I'm not so sure Lucas is motivated purely by money.  He
could make a mint right now if he released the first 3 movies on DVD,
then PM next year, but he won't.  He isn't going to release them till
they're all done.  Will he make a killing then?  Sure, but he could do
what he's done with video tapes, release a different "special edition"
every couple of years including the newest movie, and make several
killings.  I think in a lot of ways he's motivated by arrogance.  He
knows people are chomping at the bit for these things on DVD, and he
enjoys having the power to not give it to them and make them wait.

So now it's not just money, it's ego?  Is that better?

Jesse