 Off-Topic / Debate / 18758
Re: Ticket prices going up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 00:53:42 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
In 17688, you seemed to be willing to take action based on a single
camera (granted, a video camera, but still, just from a single angle).

I am cautious of taking action based on a single camera angle.

Frank, I am not sure what you are seeing there -- I think it was my intent
to be cautious about saying anything for certain about that instance of
possible child beating.  I did subsequently see the camera/video footage of
the beating and if memory serves you could both identify the woman and note
that she struck her child several times with a closed fist. While the camera
angle remained stationary, the woman herself was in movement. If I were a
judge in such a case I would also consider evidence discrediting the video
footage. Goes both ways. No matter what, I would want to keep the family
together and make sure they get the counseling they need -- no need to jump
thee gun by putting mother or child into the criminal justice system or
whatever...

Ok, you have clarified your stance. The way I read that post, it seemed
to take a different view that you were expressing now.

Frank