 Off-Topic / Debate / 18746
Re: Ticket prices going up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:57:20 GMT

If you have the money, the inclination, and love the risk of getting in an
accident, go right ahead.  Don't pay these 'bills' and you wont get the
priviledge of driving for very long.

Just to poke in again for a minute...

I don't consider traveling by common conveyance a "privilege" (at least it
should be considered a right in my view).

One should be able to travel as a matter of right unless specific damages
caused by one should result in a restraining order prohibiting one from
driving a car.

I don't believe in preventative laws -- I believe only in acts and consequences.

Again, referring to "Minority Report", it is not what you might do that
creates causes of action in law -- but what you did do.

BTW, I don't have a problem with irrefutable evidence.  If several camera
angles could prove the crime and the actor in the crime then maybe cameras
could be useful tools. One shot of a license plate and the claim of a radar
detecting X speed is not exactly sufficient proof in my mind.

-- Hop-Frog