 Off-Topic / Debate / 18768
Re: ironic [Re: Ticket prices going up]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:52:07 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> writes:

Interestingly, in the country where I live I have the freedom to
pretty much go where I like as long as I don't cause any damage [or
hunt/fish]. "Trespassing" is not an offence. This is pretty good as
it means I can pretty much camp or hike anywhere I like in the
Scottish countryside… in the summer. ;)

In Norway, too.  To put it simple, you can more or less walk and camp
whereever you want, as long as it is in a fair distance from houses
where people live, and as long as you are not a disturbance.  You must
alsot avoid disturbing live stock.

It is also illegal to erect private fences or otherwise hinder the
accessability to the coastline.  This has cause a lot of conflicts,
i.e. as some land owners along the coast have tried to dump rubble
outside their coastline to avoid having people land their leisure
boats there.

Fredrik