 Off-Topic / Debate / 16506
Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 00:20:37 GMT

All parties involved would be better off ditching their silly superstitious
attachment to a home- or holy-land and learning to live where they are • without
neighborly aggression.  I don't think that stone throwing was getting them
anywhere.

So I take it that if the ATF dropped by your place this afternoon and • relocated
your family to, I don't know, a desert in New Mexico, you'd just buck up and
make the best of it?  If not, then please explain the difference for me.

    Dave!

Before I get down the answer proper, is it safe to take your note as an
assertion opposite mine -- that sentimental attachment to a particular area
highly productive?

Now, as you well know, I would not take well to being relocated by the federal
government (though, I'm not sure how it would fall to the BATF to do so).  But
it doesn't have anything to do with my homeland, religious or not.  I don't
have a homeland beyond the fact that I've spent most of my life living in the
US and am thus most familiar with it.

And I'm not _at all_ blaming anyone for fighting back...remember, I'm the only
one here who thinks that terrorism in general, and specifically in the hands of
the Palestinians is plausibly a correct approach.  My assertion is merely that
they would be better served, I think, to give up their attachment to particular
land in general.

Does that explain my stance sufficiently?

Chris