 Off-Topic / Debate / 16468
Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 22:49:21 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

Well, we're not. I speak from experience when it comes to airport • security.
Talk about your window dressing? More hassle, more inconvenience, more
delay, but no more actual security. Just a big shiny new agency to • suck up
tax dollars and ensure full unionised employment.

The 'security' move that puzzles me is not providing metal knives and
forks with your inflight meal, but only plastic ones instead.
But they still give you a glass, and a glass bottle of wine, both of
which are probably far more leathal once easily broken than the blunt
old knife they gave you.
And a broken piece of plastic is just as lethal too when you think of
it.
But at least they are seen to be doing something.
So everything is all right isn't it?

lawrence