 Off-Topic / Debate / 16462
Re: The skinny on Jenin, the European Press
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 12:20:14 GMT

Why not let them decide that?  There have commonly been news people in
dangerous places.  Sometimes they get killed.  That's on them.

Well the West Bank is the world's worst place to be a journalist:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_1966000/1966094.stm

That's interesting and all, but I'm not sure what you point is.

I'd prefer that Israel just issue the caveat that when they feel the need to
shoot in a particular direction, they aren't going to hold their fire merely
because members of the press are in the way.  Then, the press members can make
their own informed decisions about how and where to report.

It would be absurd to hold it against Israel because their military actions
killed some reporters if such a warning were given.

Chris