 Off-Topic / Debate / 15782
Re: Copyright/Fair use question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:34:15 GMT

That brings up another point that I mentioned once before about the
ridiculously artificial cost of music.  A local record store has The Final
Cut on CD for $19.99!  Good grief!  I mean, the album is 20 years old and
wasn't that popular in the first place!  Nine years ago I bought it for
$8.98 at regular retail price, when The Wall was $26.99.  For further
comparison, a music store in my former town of residence sold The Final Cut
usually for about 60% of the price of, say, Meddle or Dark Side of the Moon,
and the price stayed at that relative level for the entire time I was
conscious of it.  Why, suddenly, does this less-than-praised,
less-than-popular disc suddenly rate the same already over-inflated price as
the more marketable stuff?

Why do people list LEGO sets for (and get) exorbitant prices on eBay (and
elsewhere)? If it's something they're interested in, and they can't be
bothered searching for a better price, they'll pay what's asked.

ROSCO